Lil Yachty is an up-and-coming artist who was recently featured on Chance the Rapper’s Coloring Book. He is known for his octave vocals and pink dreads, as well as his unique lyrics. In his remix to his song “Minnesota”, Lil Yachty packs a great deal of content, which deserves analysis.
Here are 10 reasons why we think Lil Yachty’s remix to “Minnesota” is lit:
1. First and foremost, Lil Yachty’s vocals are on point. Even though he has trouble hitting the high notes at times, his octave voice makes this song incredibly catchy.
2. The streets in Minnesota are so “cold” that you somehow can’t take the heat. This may appear to make little sense, but Yachty’s lyrics are referencing heat in terms of problems going down in the streets.
3. Yachty has some hilarious lyrics; “I was eatin’ pork and rinds with a bitch from New York Times I don’t eat no pork and rinds but that bitch was mighty fine” and “I was strokin’ on your sister, she was callin’ me her mister She suck dick for a picture, it’s Lil Yachty nice to meet you”. I mean, that right here is what it’s all about.
4. Young Thug’s verse has a quick reference to Yu-Gi-Oh; “I make her come back like I’m Yu-Gi”. This definitely takes us back to the days of Exodias and Blue-Eyed White Dragons.
5. Not only is Minnesota one of the coldest states in America, but it is also known for gang violence. This makes Minnesota that much colder.
6. The state of Minnesota is also known for its basketball team, the Minnesota Timberwolves, and we all know that wolves are not to be messed with.
7. The song is from Lil Boat The Mixtape which has cover art that perfectly defines Lil Yachty and his personality.
8. The song is so simple yet so fun to jam to. We can’t help singing, “cause it get cold like Minnesota, cold like Minnesota”!
9. The piano in the background is also on point and blends in nicely with Yachty’s vocals. It almost has a Christmas jingle to it. Grandfero definitely did a great job with the instrumental.
10. Quavo killed his verse, especially with his reference to Anquan Boldin.
Check out the song below!